January 17, 2013

Organizing Revolution Week 3–Closet

This task couldn’t have come at a better time for me.  As I said back in week 1, my oldest daughter decided to move to the guest/storage room in the basement.  Mind you, we’ve been using that room for storage since we moved in almost eight years ago.  Let’s just say that a lot of it is being held onto for no reason.  I don’t know, maybe there’s a bit of an emotional attachment to the ginormous box of miscellaneous stuff from my hubby over the years.  There were books – some had been read, some hadn’t;  I even found some old college textbooks.  Oy vey!

So anyways, this week wasn’t as successful for me as far as actually completing this project.  But, my motto is progress, not perfection.  With that, I did make a lot of progress in the storage closet.  She has basically half of the closet that’s usable for her and the other half that still has to be organized and purged by me. 

basement closet collage

As you can see in the top left “before” picture, there is a lot of miscellaneous stuff being stored in this closet.  There’s still one shelf you can’t see at the top of the closet, but I didn’t make it that far this go around, so I won’t share that one.  I was able to get half of each closet shelf cleaned off so that my daughter is able to put her pajamas, jeans, shorts, etc. on them.  As I have more time, I obviously still have a lot of work to get done in there, I plan on working on the closet over the next few months.  Okay fine, it will probably take me the entire next year.  Ha!

I’m linking this post up to Week 3 at the New Year’s Organizing Revolution!

A Bowl Full of Lemons

Have you joined the Organizing Revolution?  If not, click on over to check it out.  If you have joined, leave me a comment so I can come check out your space!

Don’t forget to stop by and vote for me!!

2 comments:

  1. good progress! hope the cleaned out is working for your daughter.
    I'm curious - what did you do with all that you took out of the closet? oftentimes for me that is the biggest challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I was hoping that question wouldn't get asked! For now, it's sitting on top of my freshly cleaned desk downstairs. =( I'm s.l.o.w.l.y working on boxing/bagging things up for donating.

      Delete

#40by40 Check In #5

Honestly I have no idea how his happened after the week I had last week. I felt like I had a terrible, no good week.  My choices were not t...