January 2, 2019

#40by40 Check In #2

The week leading up to Christmas went as good as could be expected. I got myself back on track, {mostly} stayed within my calories, drank all the water I could muster, and got in three workouts.  The weekend before Christmas was a whole different story. No workouts, less water, and not 100% tracking.  And no tracking leading up to Christmas meant very little tracking almost the entire rest of the week.  The only good thing is that even though I was enjoying the Christmas goodies, I didn't let myself go hog wild and be out of control with the cookies.  I stayed in control, which is HUGE for me.



That being said, my first month of doing #40by40, I've lost a total of 7 lbs.  SEVEN FREAKING POUNDS! I haven't cut out any food categories, except telling myself and my hubby no thank you when I know I'm at or close to my daily limit.  During December, I made my goal to exercise 3 days a week, so for January I'm upping it to 4 days.  Have I had a perfect month?  Absolutely not.  I've gone over my calories several times.  There were days I didn't work out, even though I was perfectly capable and totally should have.  I've enjoyed sweets during my daughter's birthday and the holidays. 7 lbs is awesome and I know that over the next several weeks, there will be gains and losses.  But as long as I believe in myself and keep putting forth the effort, I am hoping to see another loss at the end of January.

Are you joining me on this journey?  C'mon let's go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

#40by40 Check In #5

Honestly I have no idea how his happened after the week I had last week. I felt like I had a terrible, no good week.  My choices were not t...