December 7, 2018

Life Lately

Like I said in my last post, it's been quite some time since I've been here.  Surprisingly though, not much has changed in our lives.  Hubby is still working in construction for their family business.  We're still living in our tiny house.  The biggest change is the kids growing so much. Talyn is now 12 and in 6th grade at middle school.  Kinley is 9 already and in 4th grade, while Bode is 7 and in 1st grade.  And the wee little baby girl, Maisyn, isn't a baby anymore.  She's turning 4 soon and is in preschool two days a week.


My biggest life change is that I'm jumping back on the "healthy" living bandwagon.  Twelve years ago, when my oldest was born, I stopped making myself a priority.  I put everybody else's needs before my own, especially the baby's. The more kids we added, the further down the priority list I went. For a couple years I did make myself a priority, lost almost 50 lbs that year and kept it off until I got pregnant with baby #3.  I'm pretty sure I gained that all back when pregnant with little man, but the awesome thing is I lost all but 10 lbs of it after him.  Somewhere between losing all that weight again and getting pregnant a couple years later, I gained most of it back again.  Fast forward to now and my goal is to lose 40 pounds before my birthday in May 2019.

I feel like I'm probably crazy because it's December and all the holiday baking is about to begin. However, I just can't wait until January.  I need to start now.  My sister and I were talking after Thanksgiving one day and decided to jump into a healthier lifestyle journey together, even though we're thousands of miles apart.  I called her at the end of November after I came to the realization that I'm turning 40 next year!  I'm turning 40 and am not at all where I'd like to be health wise.  Her 39th birthday is the day before mine so we think it's the perfect amount of time for us to both lose some weight.

So, from now until my 40th birthday, I'm using #40by40 to remind myself of my goals. Obviously, it's the holiday season so I'm not going to be overly strict, but I am going to try my damndest! I'm not doing anything crazy or restrictive, other than cutting back on sugar.  I'm going back to counting calories using MyFitnessPal and exercising 3 times a week minimum. Maybe once the festivities are over I will increase my exercise to 4 or 5 times a week. For now though, I'm sticking to 3 minimum.  My first week in and I'm already down 3 pounds, which is super motivating to me.

Comment below if you're up for joining us!

1 comment:

  1. Yah! I’m so glad you’re back! I’m also super excited to get healthier together before our birthdays. It’ll be hard but it’ll be the best thing we do for ourselves!

    ReplyDelete

#40by40 Check In #5

Honestly I have no idea how his happened after the week I had last week. I felt like I had a terrible, no good week.  My choices were not t...