December 12, 2018

#40by40 Check In #1

After posting a couple weeks ago about my decision to jump on the healthier bandwagon, I thought I should post an update since I missed last week.  Okay, for real though, last week I was up a pound and was just embarrassed.  I didn't want to be a disappointment, even though I know that this journey is basically a roller coaster of ups and downs.  I'm here now to confess how the last couple weeks have really went.

The week of Nov 28th - Dec 2nd went well.  I got in three workouts and I stayed within my calories for the week.  I posted on the 7th that I had a three pound loss that week when I weighed in on the 4th. (-3 lbs)

The week of Dec 3rd - Dec 9th also went well I thought.  I felt great that I had gotten in four workouts and stayed within my calories for all but two days - Tuesday the 4th and Saturday the 8th.  I  was feeling pretty good, and then I weighed myself on the 11th and I was up one pound.  Instead of feeling bad about it, I chose to get in a good workout and drink all the water. (+1 lb)

My daughter's birthday was on the 10th so I knew there would be cake.  I even kept the rest of my day fairly light knowing I'd be having a big dinner and cake.  I didn't overdo it at dinner and I had a "normal" size piece of cake with a tiny scoop of ice cream so I really felt good about my choices.



Dec 10th - Dec 17th was a tad bit bumpy.  I stayed within my calories Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  I was able to say no to several excess treats/junk food.  Then Friday I thought I could say yes to a leftover piece of birthday cake because I had been so "good" the rest of the week. How can one yes spiral the whole rest of the weekend out of whack?  I wasn't out of control, per se...I just wasn't super strict about counting calories.  I also didn't make the effort to workout over the weekend so I only worked out twice last week.  I hit the reset button this past Monday and did a workout. I stepped on the scale yesterday and was surprised to see a loss of three pounds, especially after my weekend out of whack.  (-3 lbs)

All in all I'm happy with my progress of (-5 lbs).  I know this month is crazy busy with all the excessive cookies/candies/goodies, but I'm really trying to stay on the right track and not go overboard.

My plan for this week going forward:
  • get in 2-3 more workouts
  • track everything on paper & in MFP
  • drink my water/green tea - 8 cups per day
  • bake Christmas cookies with my kids - and allow myself to have them as long as I track it.
So, we're all caught up with where I'm at and where I'm headed on this journey.

Thanks for following along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#40by40 Check In #5

Honestly I have no idea how his happened after the week I had last week. I felt like I had a terrible, no good week.  My choices were not t...