February 5, 2013

Tuesday Weigh-In

800px-Nitro_coaster (wikipedia.org)

What goes up and down, up and down, up and down?  Roller coaster, you say?  Wrong!  It’s my weight and it’s making me really, really frustrated! =(

I did a much better job at making exercise a priority this week – including strength training.  However, my eating suffered, severely.  Like they say, “you can’t out-exercise a bad diet.”   I thought I had the week under control and then we ended up getting pizza in Thursday night (I’ll spare you the excuses), which meant leftovers, which meant I had to eat it for lunch on Friday.  Plus, we had a birthday party on Saturday at a pizza place with pizza and cake plus lots of candy in the goodie bags.  I didn’t go WAY overboard, but I know I had more than I should have.

Here are my stats:

12/18/12 Weigh-In (WI): 173
01/08/13 WI: 171.5 (-1.5)

01/15/13 GW: 170 WI: 173 (+1.5)
01/22/13 GW: 168.5 WI: 174.5 (+1.5)
01/29/13 GW: 167 WI: 172.5 (-2!!)
02/05/13 GW: 171 WI:  174.5 (+2)
02/12/13 GW: 169.5
02/19/13 GW: 168
02/26/13 GW: 166.5

See.  So frustrating!  You’d think I’d just work through this already, but I’m having a really tough time.  This week my goals are to continue my workout regimen that I set up last week, including Sunday as a rest day.  So, 4 days of cardio and 2 days of strength. 

I’m also going to be incorporating more protein into my daily intake.  I stopped at the nutrition store today and ended up leaving with three different flavored tubs of protein powder!  I read somewhere that a lot of times the sugar craving is because you’re missing out on protein so I am hoping this will curb the sugar addiction!  Also, as long as I exercise, I’m pretty good about getting in my eight cups of water each day.  I’ve also started drinking green tea w/honey daily.  Some days I even have 2 cups! 

Progress, not perfection.  Any advice on how to get out of this rut I’ve put myself in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

#40by40 Check In #5

Honestly I have no idea how his happened after the week I had last week. I felt like I had a terrible, no good week.  My choices were not t...