December 24, 2014

Welcome Maisyn Ariyah!

I was scheduled to be induced on December 10th at 6 a.m.  Not because I was past due, just because my doctor said I could be anytime once I turned 39 weeks.  I know it’s probably frowned upon, however, it was a decision I had discussed and made with Mr. Chaotic.  I was so uncomfortable and just ready to meet my little girl.

I arrived at our hospital at 6 a.m, after hubby made a quick pit stop to McDonald’s for breakfast.  We checked in and were taken up to my delivery room, which I’ve actually delivered in before, twice if I’m not mistaken.  Once in my room I changed into my lovely gown and waited for my nurse to get me hooked up to my IV.  Of course it seemed to take forever, but when she finally did, she explained that there were five or so others that came into deliver as well.  Then there was shift change and a lot more waiting. 

Finally just after 8 a.m. my doctor came in to visit with me and let me know that her nurse practioner would be in to break my water, which happened shortly after 8:30 a.m.  We had decided to break my water before starting pitocin to see if that would help move me along since I had been sitting at 3.5 cm and 75% effaced since 35 weeks.  At first I didn’t feel much water at all and then all of a sudden I felt like I was peeing myself. 

Around 9:15 a.m. I started feeling some slight cramping. 

9:35 a.m. My nurse started pitocin since there didn’t seem to be much progress.  Still just mild cramping.

10:15 a.m. Really big contraction, but didn’t seem like anything major.  Was able to just grin and breathe through it.

10:40 a.m. Nurse came in to see how things were going.  I told her about the one contraction, otherwise just mild cramping.  She asked if I was ready for my epidural.  I told her to give me like 20 minutes since I was just having mild cramping.

11:00 a.m. Nurse came back to tell me that the anesthesiologist was on his way.

11:30 a.m.  Anesthesiologist finished my epidural and told me to take a nap.

11:44 a.m.  Baby girl arrives!!!

Honestly, the time between my epidural and baby’s arrival went so fast I don’t exactly know the details.  I just know that shortly after 11:30, I asked the nurse about my catheter because I really had to go pee.  She got the catheter in me and literally in seconds I started to feel so much pressure.  I told her I really had the feeling I had to poop, which means baby girl was ready to make her way into this world.  They had to call my doctor, who was in surgery just down the hall, to get to my room in time to deliver the baby.

You’d think after having three previous kids I’d be a pro at delivery, but I’m pretty sure it seemed like I was a first time mom.  I just know that all the times before, the nurses would tell me when to breathe or to bear down and give it all I got.  This time though, it didn’t seem like they were giving any assistance in regards to my breathing and pushing.  I was just in so much pain because my epidural didn’t have time to kick in that I forgot the proper technique.  In the end though, I got my baby girl through the birth canal.  I may or may not have screamed out so loudly the entire floor could hear me.

Our daughter, Maisyn Ariyah was born December 10, 2014.  She weighed 9 pounds, 6 oz and was 21.5” long. 

2blog

I’ll be back soon with an update on our first two weeks with a newborn.

Until then, I want to wish you a Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#40by40 Check In #5

Honestly I have no idea how his happened after the week I had last week. I felt like I had a terrible, no good week.  My choices were not t...