February 16, 2015

TWO Months Old…Already!?

2 months
Miss Maisyn turned two months old lastTuesday.  I know they say time flies, but I think it’s going especially fast for me this time around because she is my last baby.  The stats from her doctor appointment last week are:

Head – 16 inches (97%!!)
Height – 23 inches (73%)
Weight – 11 lb, 5 oz (49%)

Big heads definitely run in the family as all of our kiddos have been in the 90th percentile or higher.  Her weight is a bit of a concern to me as she only gained two pounds since she was born.  Also at her other appointments, her weight has been in the 80+%.  I’m hoping it’s just because of her overly explosive poopy diapers due to formula changes & antibiotics.

I love that we have such a great schedule with her.  She is an amazing sleeper.  By amazing, I mean she sleeps through the night and has been for the past month.  Her last bottle of the day is between 11 p.m & midnight and she doesn’t wake up until I do in the morning. Most mornings I even have to wake her up by 7:30 to get her first bottle in.  With all the other kids I would just let them wake up by themselves.  That doesn’t work for us now, with the two older girls in school.  I don’t like making her wait until after the kids are dropped off at 8:30, so I wake her up – after grabbing myself a cup of coffee.  I’ve been very blessed with babies that love to sleep as they’ve all been good sleepers!

Maisyn is such an easy-going baby.  She tolerates her big brother’s incessant smothering of kisses.  Maisyn absolutely loves it when her big sister, Talyn, reads to her in the rocking chair – so much so that she usually falls asleep. She also truly adores the time she spends snuggling with big sister, Kinley.  I love that each of the older kids absolutely are so thrilled by their new baby sister.  All-in-all, she’s a very happy baby and seems to be pretty content with all of the chaos that goes on in our day-to-day lives.  She’s super smiley, becoming quite “talkative”.

Maisyn is wearing a size 1 diaper, though I did buy size 2 for when these are gone.  She’s still in size 0-3 month clothes.  The only thing we know that she for sure doesn’t like is her darn nuk.  She absolutely, positively hates it.  I hate that she wants to be a thumb sucker.  We are constantly replacing her thumb, finger, or fist in the mouth with a nuk, but she constantly spits it right back out.  It will be my luck that she isn’t going to like the thing until it’s time for me to take it away!

Talk to me:

Do/did you have a baby that was a great sleeper?

No comments:

Post a Comment

#40by40 Check In #5

Honestly I have no idea how his happened after the week I had last week. I felt like I had a terrible, no good week.  My choices were not t...