November 5, 2014

Bumpdate: 34 Weeks

34 Weeks

Total Weight Gained:  I had my most recent appointment on Monday, November 3 and my weight stayed the same, keeping my total weight at 22 pounds from my 8-week appointment.

Sleep:  I find myself waking up 1-4 times a night to deal with foot or leg cramping, as well as peeing while I’m already up & moving around.  Oh well, I’m pretty much used to it by now.

Symptoms:  Constantly peeing (like literally 5-minutes after each time);  leg cramps;  pelvic pain that feels like I’ve been bruised permanently; and yet again, high blood pressure (but only when I go to my doctor’s appointment.

Food Cravings:  We took the kids trick-or-treating last week and I discovered Snickers-Peanut Butter Squared.  OMG!  So Good!

Aversions:  No new aversions from my last update.

Workouts:  Since I can barely move without wincing, I am pretty immobile.  I did, however, help with yard work on Sunday-as in I mowed the entire thing, and racked up the steps with my FitBit (11,400+).

Milestones:  Most of the baby stuff has been washed and put away, the bassinet has been tucked into the corner of my bedroom, and the car seat is ready to be installed.  I’ve even started sewing the burp cloths.  Three done, three to go!  Go Me!!

Burp Cloths

Baby Items Purchased:  None.  I do have an ongoing Amazon shopping cart full of bottles, booties, & a memory book waiting for me to just click purchase. 

So, at my most recent appointment, my blood pressure was extremely high – 158/96.  It’s so bizarre because I’ve been taking it every other day at home with a borrowed blood pressure cuff & it’s been completely normal.  My doctor isn’t sure what to think & doesn’t want to miss something that could be going on so had me do another round of blood tests, an in-office urine test, plus another lovely 24-hour urine.  I just got the call this afternoon that all my tests came back normal.  They told me to not overdo it at home and to take my blood pressure daily until my next appointment in two weeks.  I also was told that I was measuring a bit big – 38 weeks instead of 33w5d.  So in 3 weeks they will do an ultrasound to check the size of this little girl.

That’s all from me for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#40by40 Check In #5

Honestly I have no idea how his happened after the week I had last week. I felt like I had a terrible, no good week.  My choices were not t...