December 16, 2014

Bumpdate: Almost 39 Weeks


Last I left off, I was not quite 38 weeks.  I had my next weekly appointment on December 8 and baby girl was being quite active.  As my doctor listened to baby’s heartbeat, her rate was in the 210s!  At my previous two appointments, her rate was in the 190s but would drop back to the 160s within a couple minutes.  This time, however, baby girl was not returning to normal.  They hooked me up to the baby monitors to monitor me to make sure she came back down to normal.  They were afraid if she didn’t, she may have an infection and would have to induce me that day, rather than in two days.  It took just over an hour, but baby girl’s heart rate finally dropped back down to the 140s. Phew!  Other than that, everything was good…my weight had mostly stayed the same over the past few weeks as well, which was amazing.  Down a pound, up a pound basically.  My total weight gain for this pregnancy is 29 pounds.  Which in my books is pretty dang good!  However, it was the pre-pregnancy weight gain that caused me some issues so I have lots of work to do once my doctor gives me the all clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#40by40 Check In #5

Honestly I have no idea how his happened after the week I had last week. I felt like I had a terrible, no good week.  My choices were not t...