December 1, 2014

Bumpdate: Almost 38 Weeks

37.5 Weeks

Don’t laugh!  I’ve been telling you how huge I am, well here’s proof!  I went to my weekly appointment today and I’ll be 38 weeks on Wednesday.  My doctor checked my cervix again today and told me I’m dilated to 3 1/2, almost 4 cm.  She didn’t give me my percent effaced or the baby’s head station.  Or maybe she did but I was in so much pain I wasn’t paying attention.  We went ahead and set up my induction date for next week, just in case I don’t have this little thing between now & then.  I have hubby’s Aunt on stand-by and Talyn helped me get her bedding washed so Aunt Sandy can stay in her room.  

Since I came home from the doctor around noon today, the cramp-iness has gotten horrible.  Like I should be taking Motrin, even though it’s not allowed when pregnant.  The lower back pain is becoming unbearable also.

We’ve been attempting to get our Christmas tree up since Friday.  It was not cooperating though.  I noticed when I plugged it in that 1/2 the lights didn’t turn on.  It sucked because we have a pre-lit tree so it’s not like I could just get a new strand of lights.  Though I was tempted.  We did end up buying new lights and then just taking them off the strand and putting them onto our tree.  I think there were at least 35 or so lights that had burned out.  Talk about frustrating!  Oh well, at least it’s up and the lights are on.  As you can see in the picture above, I decided I’m only doing the bare minimum with my tree this year.  Beaded garland, a few penguin Hallmark ornaments, and the kids’ first Christmas ornaments.  I still need to get the bulbs on and hang our stockings. 

The Elf on the Shelf has arrived at our house!  I was on the ball this year and made myself a list of things I’d like our elf, Mister Elf, to do for the kids.  I have printed a calendar, but am not going to fill it out too far until we have the baby.  I’m just gonna wing it nightly with my list and save the easiest things for hubby or his Aunt to take care of while I’m in the hospital.  When we come home with baby girl, I’ll go ahead and fill in the rest of the calendar with Mister Elf’s antics.  Here he was today on his arrival:

Mister Elf arrival blog

Talk to me:

*Does Elf on the Shelf visit your home?
*Your Christmas tree – real or fake? Pre-lit or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

#40by40 Check In #5

Honestly I have no idea how his happened after the week I had last week. I felt like I had a terrible, no good week.  My choices were not t...