November 19, 2014

Bumpdate: 36 Weeks

36 Weeks


Eek!  Four weeks remaining this pregnancy, less if I’m lucky!  Seriously though, where has the time gone?  I know I’ve been complaining the whole time due to how uncomfortable I am, however, I will truly miss being pregnant!  I’ve always enjoyed my pregnancies, but as I’ve gotten older and the more babies I have,  it just keeps getting harder on my body.  Obviously, it doesn’t help that I haven’t exactly been health-kind to my body this time around.  Alrighty, onto the fun stuff:

Total Weight Gained:  Last time I was at 22 lbs from week 8 until then, this time, I’m pretty sure I gained 5 lbs, making my pregnancy weight gain 27 lbs. 

Sleep:  I’m surprisingly getting up less to pee at night, however, I am finding myself with more leg & foot cramps, which I’m super annoyed with. 

Symptoms:  Constantly peeing; leg cramps; and constipation.

Food Cravings:   Peanut M&Ms and I totally blame hubby.

Aversions:  No new aversions from my last update.

Workouts:  Zilch. 

Milestones:  I got the crib raised up to the top notch, sheets & waterproof pads alternated, the bumper put on, and the mobile attached.  I then covered the sheets with the blanket so it doesn’t get all dusty between now & the time she actually uses it.  I also think by far my biggest milestone is that I actually packed my hospital bag! 

Baby Items Purchased:  Bottles, baby memory book, and the cute little owl booties from Amazon.  Seriously so cute!  I wouldn’t go so far as to say we’re doing an “owl theme” necessarily, it’s just that ever since Kinley started preschool we’ve been kind of obsessed with owls!
 
Baby Purchases

Appointment Update:  Well, at my appointment on Monday my blood pressure was normal again.  I think it helped that the nurse waited to take it until after I had been sitting for a bit and we went through her round of questions.  Yay for normal blood pressure at their office!  Also, she checked me this time and I found out that I am 3 cm dilated and 60% effaced.  People hear this and freak out that I’ll be having this girl any day now, but I’m not worried.  I was dilated the same this early while pregnant with Bode.  Now, we just sit tight and wait patiently. 

The kids are having a hard time waiting patiently.  Every time I finish something for this baby (like the crib), Bode asks “your baby coming out today, Mom?”  Then there’s Kinley.  She is beyond excited for this new little girl to be born.  I was in the process of making soft-soled shoes and Kinley wanted me to hurry up and finish them already.  She even set my machine in place and got everything ready for me to complete the shoes.

Kinley excited for me to sew the shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

#40by40 Check In #5

Honestly I have no idea how his happened after the week I had last week. I felt like I had a terrible, no good week.  My choices were not t...