September 18, 2014

This is Why I Don’t Have a Baking Blog

After dropping the girls off at school yesterday and returning home with zero motivation to do anything, except play Candy Crush, I decided I needed to make some chocolate chip cookies.  I found my package of chocolate chips and used the recipe on the back of the bag.  Followed the directions to a T, and this is how they turned out:

017cd2ca899d3bc9aa80db603ddfe01d7fe118fcf1

As soon as I took them out of the oven and let them cool for a couple minutes, they completely flattened out.  I tried to get them off the pan and they stuck to my spatula.  I happened to be talking to my brilliant sister, Bridget, who told me to add more flour so the dough wasn’t so sticky.  I was a bit leery, but thought it couldn’t hurt.  I started by adding in 1/3 cup, which didn’t help the dough much.  So I added another 1/3 cup of flour and the dough seemed better so I tried baking another batch.  This is how those turned out:

01dcc21895145711d59429245f930c53ddecf00e3f

Almost like chocolate chip cookie perfection.  Out of the three dozen that turned out, there are like six left so I know Mr. Chaos enjoys them.  Or maybe it’s just that I don’t bake cookies ever so he feels the need to indulge.

Do you have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that turns out every time (and you are willing to share) or are you a cookie baking failure like myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

#40by40 Check In #5

Honestly I have no idea how his happened after the week I had last week. I felt like I had a terrible, no good week.  My choices were not t...