May 22, 2014

Kinley’s Birthday and Mother’s Day

This year, I was lucky enough to share Mother’s Day with Kinley’s actual birthday {May 11, 2014}.  We had decided that since we were sharing the day with each other, she could pick where our family ate lunch and I would pick our dinner spot.  She, suprisingly, picked a Chinese buffet {I for sure thought we’d end up at Taco Bell}.  She wanted the one in our mall, but they switched owners and we don’t care for it anymore so we went to a different one.  It was alright.  Not my favorite, but it was her choice.  After lunch, we came home and did presents.  So fun! 

Kinley Opening Peppa Pig


We had found her a Peppa Pig playhouse.  She loves it.  The above collage is of her opening Peppa.  Pure excitement and total satisfaction!  This little girl is obsessed with Peppa Pig.  We currently have 23 episodes on DVR, just in case Peppa’s not on when we happen to turn on the TV.

Kinley BDay Presents


The first picture is of the actual Peppa Pig playhouse and the second is the Doc McStuffins Operation game that Talyn picked out as the gift from her & Bode.  Peppa’s house came with just Peppa & George, so Mr. Chaotic found more characters, but are waiting on them to arrive.  We had no idea how incredibly hard to find this little Peppa Pig stuff was.  Turns out it’s mostly available over in the UK via eBay.  Also, it’s not cheap!  Seriously though, Mr. Chaotic loves eBay so we have been watching for everything Peppa in hopes of finding a few inexpensive items to add to the collection.

After the birthday excitement, it was time for Bode’s nap.  We just did odds and ends around the house while Mr. Chaotic also napped.  By the time those monkeys woke up it was almost 6 PM!  We ended up just eating dinner here at home as everybody was getting crabby with each other. I was slightly disappointed, but it is what it is.

 

The girls had made little crafts in school for me for Mother’s Day.  Kinley’s class planted grass in a clear plastic cup, grew it, and then when it was time to bring them home, they put decorated faces on the cups.  Of course, I forgot to get a picture.  Talyn’s class made little flower pots with the pretend grassy stuff and then a popsicle stick with a clothespin type flower on it, which they clipped a picture of the student holding a sign that said “Happy Mother’s Day!”  Again, I forgot to take a picture.  Earlier that morning, I had made an Angel Food cake so that was my {massive} treat to myself.

0145f313024aeeb86da7500eeeb095ac6470917b53


Talk to Me:
Are there any little cartoons that your little ones are obsessed with?
Did you have to treat yourself on Mother’s Day?  Or am I the only one who does that?

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm...that dessert looks yummy! I ended up rearranging rooms in my house, so my day didn't go as planned either. Like you said, it is what it is...and we should just begin to accept it :( Love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete

#40by40 Check In #5

Honestly I have no idea how his happened after the week I had last week. I felt like I had a terrible, no good week.  My choices were not t...