May 13, 2014

Guess Whooo’s Five!…The Party

Over the weekend, we celebrated Kinley’s 5th birthday.  The celebration started on Friday with a Night Owl Pajama Party that included her {girl}friends from preschool.  Check out these darling invitations we crafted:
01d4efb4f9bfdedde34faf623f4ff3b22067bd9b28

I happened upon the owl template here way back in March when I first started researching owl-themed birthday parties.  My original plan was to just do a “join us for Kinley’s birthday party” for the wording until I stumbled across this adorable pin, which completely fit perfectly with the type of party we wanted.  I used the font KG Be Still & Know.  I am in love with Kimberly Geswein fonts!  As for the party décor, I chose Owl Blossom from Birthday Express.
                                  
We’ve been experiencing an unusually cold, wet, and windy spring here so I wasn’t sure what the weather was going to be like for our party.  We lucked out and had a mostly sunny day in the 60s with very little wind!  I was ecstatic for the fact that we could do the party mostly outside – everything but watching the movie.  The girls started arriving shortly after 4 and we just played outside.  We have a massive backyard with a swing set, small trampoline, Barbie jeep, 4-wheeler, and a whole slew of balls plus other outside toys.  The kids were set!

PicMonkey Collage Kinley Bday(don’t mind the extra bows, balloons, and party hats…I didn’t want to leave the little friends’ faces online)

We ordered pizza and were able to eat that and the cupcakes out on the patio while appreciating the gorgeous day (less mess for me to clean up inside!).  Speaking of cupcakes...did you see the super adorable owl cupcake cake?  I literally saw this on Pinterest a couple of days before I went to order the cake and the pinner had commented that it was from Walmart.  I eagerly went to our Walmart with no luck of finding the same cake or a very helpful bakery employee.  She told me to come back the next day when the cake lady was working.  So I did...and I'm very glad I did.  I showed her the picture on Pinterest and she said they would have no problem doing that, even if they had to use their phones to Google it.  So helpful!  And I thought it was freaking amazing!  The best part - it was $15!!

After cupcakes, we set up the piñata and let the kids each take a turn pulling the strings.  I adore the pull-string piñatas; they are so easy and you don’t have to go hog-wild lashing out at the thing trying to get it to spill the candy!  Each party guest collected so many little frooties tootsie rolls and dum-dum suckers.  After the piñata, we made our way inside so we could start our movie of choice, which was Frozen.  Once inside, we discovered we still had presents to open!  She received some great gifts from her friends.  We were a bit late in starting the movie and making the popcorn, so about an hour into it, the parents had started arriving to pick up the girls.  We sent the girls home with their bag of candy from the piñata, the little box of goodies from Birthday Express, and the adorable owl tumbler from Birthday Express.  We also added a little puncher balloon ball thingy to the box of goodies.  Overall it was a blast for the party girl and her friends!  I don’t think they minded one bit that we barely had any decorations – that would be just a few balloons!

Happy Birthday Sweet Kinley!  We love you very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#40by40 Check In #5

Honestly I have no idea how his happened after the week I had last week. I felt like I had a terrible, no good week.  My choices were not t...