April 29, 2014

Spring In North Dakota

When you live in North Dakota, you really never know how to dress your kids for school, what to prep for dinner, or even if you should wash your vehicle.  One day it’s sunshine and 75 degrees, the next it’s raining -or snowing- and barely above 30 degrees.  Mr. Chaotic has been determined to make grilled steak & shrimp for a week, maybe two.  And so he finally just did.  In the rain/snow mix, of course.
SpringGrilling
Sirloin wrapped filets, New York Strip, shrimp, texas toast, and of course his famous texas toast grilled cheese for the kids.  So delish.  Oh and we also had baked potatoes that I had done up in the oven.  Mmm, my favorite.
SpringGrilling(2)
While Mr. Chaotic is outside grilling, the kids are outside making a mess of themselves in the puddles.  He even got them to stop and take a picture together.
my three monkeys in the rain
It had been raining for at least two days straight and last night or early this morning sometime, it decided to turn to snow.  HUGE wet snowflakes coming down like crazy when I woke up this morning.  It’s really hard to see in the picture because of the screen on the window, but the ground was almost covered by 7:30.  Luckily it stopped and was all melted by 11 when we went to pick Kinley up from preschool.
Bode checking out the snow
We are all hoping for a little break from the craziness of our weather as we head into May.  I’m pretty sure it’s not unheard of to have a snowstorm in May in North Dakota.

Talk to Me:
   Do you get Spring where you live?
   Which season is your favorite?

1 comment:

#40by40 Check In #5

Honestly I have no idea how his happened after the week I had last week. I felt like I had a terrible, no good week.  My choices were not t...